Senior Software Quality Engineer
Rakuten Loyalty is one of the fastest growing technology companies in Boston. We are the inventors of the world’s most innovative rewards acceleration platform – servicing the largest loyalty programs around the world. We develop technology that gives loyalty program members the opportunity to earn rewards for their every day online activity – opening up explosive new revenue opportunities for our clients – and giving their members the opportunity to earn the rewards they love anywhere, anytime. Selected by Forbes as the 7th most Innovative Company in the world – Rakuten is focused on rapidly expanding its services to new markets around the globe – Rakuten Loyalty is at the forefront of this effort. Rakuten Loyalty received numerous awards last year – including Best Places to Work, the Best and Brightest Award for our Employees and the Most Innovative Small Company of the Year – as well as having our CEO win the distinguished Innovative All Star award given by the Boston Business Journal and Mass High Tech. We have created a wonderful environment that supports free thought, open communication, the celebration of innovation, and a dedication to moving quickly. Entrepreneurialism is in our blood – and we expect everyone who joins our team to exhibit an attitude that says that no mountain is too high, no problem unsolvable – because with great ambition, ideas, and technology – anything is possible.
Rakuten Loyalty, the leading Technology and Marketing developer, is recruiting a Senior Software Quality Engineer for its Development Center in Boston, MA. This position will be responsible for implementing and evolving automated testing, and providing an interface to the Development, Marketing organizations.
The Senior Software Quality Engineer will excel at implementing the automated test infrastructure and generation of assets to validate our product lines. This engineer must be familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures and rely on experience and creativity to plan and accomplish goals. The Senior Software Quality Engineer will perform a variety of complicated tasks including being a resource for all technology issues. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
Senior Software Quality Engineer Responsibilities:
· Plan and execute white box, gray box and black box testing for manual and/or automated tests as needed.
· Write test plans and test cases based on requirements and technical specifications
· Isolate, reproduce and track bugs and verify bug fixes
· Analyze test results to verify functionality and recommend corrective action in the case of failure
· Execute performance tests including benchmarking, stress and load
· Work closely with developers, Support, and Program Managers on defect resolution.
· Fully competent in the implementation, and maintenance of a test environment, including necessary equipment, configuration, and software.
· Determines and develops approach to solutions.
· Modifies, expands, and maintain testing tools.
· Must have a good working knowledge and experience with Testing tools. (Selenium, etc)
· Minimum 5 years of experience testing software, (Windows, Linux)
· Knowledge of the software development lifecycle, testing methodologies, QA terminology, processes and procedures in an Agile environment.
· Experience working with browser components and add-on’s / web server environment
· Experience logging / resolving defect issues using a tracking system
· Extensive eperience writing automation tool code.
· Ability to write clear and concise test cases
· Superior written and oral English communication skills
· Detail oriented, analytical, methodical, a systematic thinker, tactful and diplomatic.