Associate Product Manager / Product Manager
Rakuten Loyalty is one of the fastest growing technology companies in Boston. We are the inventors of the world’s most innovative rewards acceleration platform – servicing the largest loyalty programs around the world. We develop technology that gives loyalty program members the opportunity to earn rewards for their every day online activity – opening up explosive new revenue opportunities for our clients – and giving their members the opportunity to earn the rewards they love anywhere, anytime. Selected by Forbes as the 7th most Innovative Company in the world – Rakuten is focused on rapidly expanding its services to new markets around the globe – Rakuten Loyalty is at the forefront of this effort. Rakuten Loyalty received numerous awards last year – including Best Places to Work, the Best and Brightest Award for our Employees and the Most Innovative Small Company of the Year – as well as having our CEO win the distinguished Innovative All Star award given by the Boston Business Journal and Mass High Tech. We have created a wonderful environment that supports free thought, open communication, the celebration of innovation, and a dedication to moving quickly. Entrepreneurialism is in our blood – and we expect everyone who joins our team to exhibit an attitude that says that no mountain is too high, no problem unsolvable – because with great ambition, ideas, and technology – anything is possible.
Rakuten Loyalty is looking for a Product Manager to join our talented team. The right candidate will have experience in web technologies and high-volume consumer-facing applications; ideally within a loyalty product. This is an individual contributor role, but you’ll have the opportunity to flex your PM muscles through the entire product process.
Reporting to the VP of Product Operations, you will:
- Understanding (and developing improved metrics for) user behavior and user interaction with our products
- Interviewing stakeholders and practice leaders to gather product requirements
- Capturing and maintaining project requirements in both SCRUM and more traditional formats(PRD, FRD)
- Using the end-user perspective (and the elements above) to identify improvements that will impact product performance.
- Working with project management and engineering to drive execution
- Research competitive offerings and products, providing summaries/abstracts for management team and recommendations for product roadmap
- Research new products and technologies in our areas of interest, including loyalty, ecommerce, browser monetization, et al.